A 6 week infant massage class series will be offered at Belly Pilates.
Infant Massage is a wonderful way to experience how your baby communicates with you. With nurturing touch you and your baby may feel more relaxed.
• Stimulation: Stimulates circulation, digestion, respiration, immune system, nervous system, and language.
• Relaxation: Relaxing for parents and babies by helping to release stress. It produces calming hormones, and helps to regulate sleep patterns. Babies who are massaged may sleep deeper and longer.
• Relief: Can help to relieve colic, constipation, and gas by improving elimination. Also can be beneficial in relieving pains related to teething and growing.
• Interaction: Helps babies spend more time active and alert for learning and increases bonding and attachments to their parents.
Parents massage their own baby during class and will learn new strokes at each session.
Brittiney George, a Student Educator of Infant Massage, will be teaching the parent-baby classes.
Dates – First Series Starts: Thursdays
Times: Session 1: 10:00-11:30 am or Session 2: 12- 1:30 pm
- For more information or to register contact:
- Brittiney George at 610-389-7866 or email@example.com
- Babies can be up to 1 yr. Preference is precrawling
- Class size is limited to 4 families.
- Preference is that families can attend all 5 sessions, or minimum of 4.
Brittiney’s massage class was beyond special for our family. She created a safe, warm space for us to come each week and share, learn, and connect with other babies and parents. What we took home with us are skills and a recipe for special time we can have with each other for years to come. My husband loves his massage time each night with our son.” -Laura Lawrence, mom to 2 mth old
“Brittiney was fabulous! Well grounded, and kept the space grounded for the babies and mommies. It felt informative without being to clinical. We learned a perfect amount of massage instructions for GI discomfort and facial tension that helped with Hannah’s tummy and eye duct blockage. We both loved it!”-Mary Horwitz, RN BSN, mom to 8 mth old.
“My son had some undiagnosed food intolerances and hadbeen crying often. This class provided us with another method of calming our little boy. Now that he’s feeling better we still continue infant massage. As soon as I ask him if he is ready for a massage he smiles brightly. I’m very grateful for the special time he and I get to enjoy.”-E.K, mom to 2.5 mth old
“Brittiney, Thank you so much for sharing the gift of infant massage with me and my son! I have loved every minute of your class. You are not only informative, but your kindness and love for what you do shines through. I feel so lucky to have been a part of such a wonderful class! Moving forward I plan to take what I have learned and continue to use it daily as part of our nighttime routine. I feel like infant massage has allowed me to gain such a strong bond with my son & I have taught my husband too!!” -M.M., mom to 3 mth old
“Winston & I really enjoyed the series. My husband joked that of course Win would love this class-who wouldn’t like a warm room & getting massaged! Our massage time is really a special bonding time.”-N. Snyder, mom to 4.5 mth old
I recently finished the infant massage classes at your studio! I want to thank you very much for offering these classes and a special thank you to the wonderful Brittiney for giving me the gift of infant massage! After experiencing a very difficult delivery with my son, I was looking for something that we could do together as a bonding experience for the both of us! After the first class, we both looked forward to Thursdays for infant massage class and learning more about the value of the specific infant massage strokes. I’m so sad for this amazing experience to be over! Brittiney is a true asset to your staff! She is knowledgable, caring, and has a genuine love for what she does. I also loved how she facilitated conversations amongst the other moms in our class…it has helped hearing other stories and advice especially being a first time mom! Michelle, mom of one.